'Beauty With Heart' : Facial Masks For Dry Skin






Summer is drawing to the end as the colder months approach my skin tends to become very dry. After having my usual daily chat on the phone with one of my friends, who raves about Body Shop products religiously. She suggested that I should try a Body Shop hydrating mask to hydrate my skin. I believe in testing out products before making a purchase as nothing can get more annoying than buying a products which makes you break out and does not agree with your skin.

Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask



Price: £2.00 | 6ml

Thats why I headed to my local Body Shop store to ask for recommendations on a facial mask that would hydrate my skin. I was advised to try out their Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask which retails for £13.00 | 100ml. I thought I would give it a try as it contains one of the most powerful antioxidants which protects and repairs skin. I love the creamy texture of  the facial mask. 


The instructions on the packet instructed me to leave the mask on my face for 10 minutes. However in store I was told by one of the representatives that I can keep it on my face overnight. After 5 minutes the mask turned clear I could feel it working on my face. My skin did not dry out it felt very moist. I washed my face after 3/4 hours my face was left very soft and well moisturised. There was no need for me to cream my face.

Honey & Oat 3 in 1 Mask



Price: FREE 
£10.00 | 100ml tub

Any one who knows me would be able to tell you that I love the smell of honey based products.  I decided I would get a sample of the Honey & Oat 3 in 1 mask . This mask removes dead skin cells, moistures skin & smoothes and refines skin.  St Ives Apricot Facial scrub  (£4.29 from Boots) is another facial scrub/mask which does the same things which the Honey & Oat mask does. It is also a cheaper alternative however the difference is clear in the appearance.




The difference is in the colour & texture of the product as displayed in the swatches. They also have different smells which is evident in the names. I prefer the creamy texture of the Honey and Oat Mask as it literally feels like butter. St Ives can be seen as quite dehydrating compared to the Honey & Oat mask.

I would say that both products are effective I will be purchasing both facial masks from The Body Shop and use them every fortnight  as I love how soft and hydrated they leave my skin. I will always go for my St Ives facial Scrub if I want to remove dead skin cells quickly using an exfoliating glove before a night out for a fresh canvas for my makeup application. 


What facial masks would you recommend? Leave your suggestions below


Esther x



0 comments:

Post a Comment